Red snapper curry with brown basmati rice
- Red snapper fillets (skin off), about 600 gr
- Juice of 2 limes
- 150 gr of brown basmati rice
- 2 tbsp of coconut oil
- 2 shallots, finely sliced
- A piece of fresh ginger root (about 3 cm), grated
- 1 tsp of ground turmeric powder
- A few pods of cardamom
- 1 tsp of ground coriander
- 1 tsp of chilli flakes
- 400 ml can of coconut milk (not light)
- A bunch of fresh coriander, chopped
- Cut fish fillets into 8 big pieces and drizzle with some lime juice over, leave to marinate while cooking shallots.
- Cook brown basmati following the package instructions
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan over a medium heat. When hot add the shallots and sweat until soft.
- Add ginger, turmeric, cardamom, coriander and chilli flakes, stir well and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Prior to opening the can of coconut milk, shake it very well. Add the milk to the pan and stir well.
- Season with salt and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Put marinated fish in the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes, till it turns opaque.
- Add the remaining lime juice (perhaps not all of it) and fresh coriander.
- Check the seasoning and serve hot with rice.