I’m sure I’m not the only one, who believes that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Indeed! The way we feel is affected by what we eat in the morning – there certainly is a strong link between food and mood.
Breakfast has always been my favorite meal! I love this unhurried time before diving into a new day. Breakfast meal has to be filling, nutritious and boost our energy to keep us going until lunch. Besides that, it should be something that you look forward to! Would you agree?
I love breakfast bowls! You just mix all the healthy and delicious things together and voila!
The breakfast bowl I am going to share with you today has become one of my all time favourites. It is inspired by Amelia Freer recipe from her amazing book “Eat. Nourish. Glow.” Although I modified it to match my taste, the idea remains the same – it’s simply delicious and nourishing meal for the breakfast.
I’m sure you will enjoy it, too! No need to say how many vitamins and nutrients you’ll get with this wonderful breakfast bowl!
Prune breakfast bowl
- 60 gr dried prunes
- 60 gr almonds (blanched)
- 2 medjoul dates
- 1 tabs chia seeds
- 2 apples
- Soak prunes in 1 cup (250 ml) of water (don’t use tap water. Use filtered or bottled). In another bowl soak almonds (water should cover them completely). Leave overnight. Usually medjoul dates are very soft and plump but if you have very dry ones, you should soak them together with prunes.
- In the morning drain prunes and almonds reserving prune liquid for the next step.
- Put prunes, almonds, dates and chia seeds in a blender and add prune liquid. Blend until smooth. Pour in the bowl.
- Grate an apples on a coarse grater. Leave a tablespoon for decoration and add the remaining part to the bowl with prune and almond mixture, mix well.
- Drizzle a little bit of honey on the top and sprinkle with bee pollen.
Bee pollen and honey to serve.