Serves 6, as a starter
- Gurbell fillets (skin off), about 600 gr
- 100 ml olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 3 shallots, finely sliced
- 2 medium red chilli, seeds removed and finely sliced
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 tbsp soft brown sugar
- 1 small bunch of fresh chervil, chopped
- Cut each fillet into 6 pieces and rub with some olive oil. Season with salt.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over high heat. When very hot sear the fish pieces for 5 seconds on each side and transfer to a deep dish.
- Reduce the heat to medium, wait a little bit and add the olive oil.
- Add garlic, shallots and chilli and cook until shallots are soft.
- Add sugar, lemon and lime juices and stir until the sugar dissolves. Add chervil and pour the mixture over the fish.
- Refrigerate for a few hours.